TEACHERS: I (Ms. Orseno) will be available via email and Zoom (at your request) to assist with finding resources and books to correspond to and compliment any online lessons or enrichment opportunities you offer your students. I am also planning to create podcasts of a few chapters a time of the books we have been reading aloud in class with some journaling suggestions to post either on the library page or in a Google Library classroom that I will share with you when the time comes. I think it would be good to have a "one stop shop" listing of links you feel are helpful for these and future students to reference on the library grade tabs, so please feel free to forward any you think are useful to me via email and I will add within one school day. I appreciate the collaborative environment and strength of our school family and community.
- Scholastic Teachers - resources, tips and tools including strategies, ideas and student activites for teachers
- Horn Book Magazine - strives to explore all aspects of children's literature from different points of view, yet is devoted to discovering the best that is published for young people.
- PBS TeacherSource - gateway to America's largest and most trusted classroom for teachers and students
- Notable Children's Digital Media 2020 - this list includes exemplary real-time interactive media content for children 14 and under that encourages active social interaction and engagement while educating and entertaining.
- Time Magazine for Kids (Grades K to 6) - Click through and scroll down for four grade specific editions of Time for Kids and their financial literacy magazine. There are also teaching tools to go along with the magazines available HERE. They have opened their 2020 content to be available without paid subscription through the end of the school year.
Internet Safety Rules
E-Government Resources for Schools