There are a number of additional resource links on the "E-sources" tab at the top or left of the page. Many of these resources are appropriate for any age group. None are inappropriate, they may just be of a higher grade-level and therefore not something a student coming to this tab would use academically. Feel free to explore any tab and if there are any questions, please ask the librarian!
Shippensburg University Library Databases for Kids
Off campus access to the library databases requires a (faculty, staff, or university student) Shippensburg ID
Search Engines for Kids
- Kidtopia - http://www.kidtopia.info/ Kidtopia is a Google custom student safe search engine for preschool and elementary students, indexing only educator approved websites.
- KidRex - http://www.kidrex.org/ Fun and safe search for kids, by kids.
- Sports Illustrated for Kids Online - online magazine for elementary age children that includes interviews with sports heroes, comics, action photos and more.
- Ranger Rick Jr. - online magazine for kids featuring animal photos, colorful drawings and stories about nature, outdoor adventure and helping the environment. Includes websites for homework help, activities, games and sections for parents and teachers.
- Ranger Rick Zoodinos - online magazine for kids featuring a dinosaur with amazing photographs, facts and more!
- National Geographic Kids - published for the National Geographic Society for kids 8-14 and covers a wide variety of topics from geography to adventure, wildlife and science. Includes links to stories, fun facts,games and other activities.
- Time Magazine for Kids (Grades K to 6) - Click through and scroll down for four grade specific editions of Time for Kids and their financial literacy magazine. They have opened their 2020 content to be available without paid subscription through the end of the school year.
Wipe Out Bullying-Information
http://site.ebrary.com/lib/cyberbullying Cyber Bullying Searchable Information Center