Ship to Shore
As you begin your classes at Shippensburg, you face a big hurdle - Your university professors have high research expectations for you. They want you to find better and more academically challenging sources than the ones you used in high school. Good news! As a Shippensburg student, you have incredible research materials available to you through the library and library website, and you have a team of reference librarians ready to assist you with your research needs.
To help you make the jump to college-level research, we have designed a self-paced online learning module called the Ship to Shore Information Literacy Tutorial. It has been designed specifically for students taking the Academic Writing. How will Ship to Shore help you? It will help you to improve your skills in six critical areas by teaching you how to:
- Effectively use general information sources
- Pick good topics and terminology for research projects
- Identify appropriate types of information sources
- Select appropriate information retrieval systems
- Design effective search strategies
- Learn how to get additional research materials from other libraries
If you have any questions concerning Ship to Shore, please contact Josefine Smith, Instruction & Assessment Librarian.