Ares Reserves is where professors can store copyrighted materials for class use.
To get your students from D2L to your Ares Reserves, add this URL into your course:
Log in to Ares Reserves with your Ship Email address and Password.
- You can create new courses or clone old courses in Ares Reserves
- Your courses will be listed on your Ares homepage after you create or clone them for the current semester
- If you do not see a course you expect, please
- Make sure you already Cloned or Created your Course(s) for this semester, then
- Switch to Student mode
- Search by Instructor for your course
How soon do I have to return Reserve materials?
Reserves items may be borrowed one item at a time. Reserves are first-come, first-served; we are unable to hold Reserves items for later pickup and cannot renew these items.
1. Three-hour loans
- Only one item is loaned to an individual at a time
- Item due at the Reserves Desk three (3) hours after check out
- Items charged out less than 1 hour before building closing time will be due within one hour of the next opening time (becomes an overnight loan).
2. One-day loans
- Items due back to Reserves Desk before closing time the day after check out
3. Three-days loan
- Items due back to Reserves Desk before closing time three (3) days after check out
4. Seven-days loan (graduate courses only)
- Items due back to Reserves Desk before closing time seven (7) days after check out
Overdue Fines on Reserve Materials
- Three-hour reserve (overnight loans): $1.00 per hour to a maximum of $100.00.
- One, three, and seven-day reserve: $5.00 per day to a maximum of $100.00.
All fines are due and payable when the overdue item is returned. Payment by check, money order, or cash will be accepted. When a reserve item is overdue or reserve fines are charged against your record, you are blocked from further library transactions and a library hold is placed on your student record.
Note: All reserve transactions require presentation of a valid Shippensburg University I.D.